Making the numbers work
You must have financial and accounting functions that are robust and sufficient to meet the demands of all stakeholders. They must also provide you, your Board and your staff with the information you need to manage your organization effectively. This information is critical to assess your current situation and develop solutions to help achieve your objectives.
MAS Volunteer Consultants with financial expertise and experience can help you answer these questions:
- We are starting out as a not-for-profit or charity – what do we need to do on financials?
- What is an appropriate system for accounting and/or fund-raising management?
- What financial reports should we provide to our board?
- How do I assess my organization’s finance management, policies and controls?
- How do I develop and use a budget?
- How do I do a financial analysis of an opportunity or problem?
- What makes sense for management reporting in my kind of organization?
- Can you help me brief my board on their fiduciary responsibilities?
- How do I file our charity information return?
- How do I rethink and reforecast my charity in light of COVID-19?
- What are the biggest financial risks we face and how do we address them?
Check out our recent webinar on Financial Management for board and senior staff of charities and not-for-profits.
Contact MAS today and let our financial Volunteer Consultants help you make your numbers work harder, so your organization can be more effective, make better decisions, and better serve the community of people you work for.
Staying ahead of rapid changes in technology
You rely on information technology to deliver tools, information, services and support for your organization internally and externally. But IT is a complex and rapidly changing area that requires expertise that many do not have.
MAS has volunteers with extensive experience in information technology, systems and automation. We can work with you on projects to answer these kinds of questions:
- Where can my organization benefit from automation, and how do I do it?
- If we need to buy or build a new system, how do I create a request for proposal? And can you help me write it?
- Where does my organization stand in terms of technology, compared to other similar not-for-profits?
- How do I assess my system and automation priorities?
- Can I get advice on an architecture for technology in my charity?
- Where and how can I improve on our use of technology?
- Are there ways we can save money through automation or better systems?
- What are the best systems for accounting, funds management and contact management for not-for-profits?
- How do we do better IT project management?
- Are there ways for us to discuss IT effectively at a board level?
- Can you help me assess which areas in my not-for-profit could benefit from automation?
As the demands on your IT infrastructure changes, MAS can help you change with it. Contact MAS today to evaluate your current IT needs and plan for flexibility and evolution in the future.
MAS doesn’t build websites but our marketing consultants can help you figure out your key messages and what’s important to say with your website. We’ll also help ensure your brand is clear and consistent.
Ready to start on Finance or Information Technology?
If you are generally clear what help you would like from MAS you can fill out the Request for Assistance form. You will have the opportunity to talk with a volunteer consultant prior to finalizing the details of the project.
Some of our satisfied clients
Executive Director, Harmony Hall
Co-Chair, ArtHeart Community Art Centre
COO at WoodGreen