achieve your mission
Every organization needs a strategic plan. Without one, achieving your mission is more difficult, and even more risky. A strategic plan can help to guide decision-making and action, give clear direction, and set forth indicators of success.
Together with an experienced MAS Volunteer Consultant, you can create annual plans that move you in your strategic direction and make your goals achievable. We will help you to:
- Develop clear strategies, goals and measurement indicators
- Identify and analyze issues, goals, concerns, and other information critical to strategic thinking
- Clarify goals and priorities
- Assess the consistency of programs with the organization’s mission
- Clarify operational and resource implications
- Develop operating plans, both long term and annual
- Design outcome measurements
- Help you develop a Strategic Plan
Contact us today and one of our MAS Volunteer Consultants will work with you to develop a clear, comprehensive and effective strategic plan, based on your organization’s goals and objectives.
Maximize meetings for an effective outcome
When meetings and discussions aren’t being productive and you have difficulty reaching consensus, an outside facilitator might be just what you need. This independent voice, with the expertise to draw out ideas, strategies and solutions, can help your organization or group “get from here to there.” It also allows you to fully participate in the process, and provides opportunities for everyone to participate in the vision building process.
When a MAS Volunteer Consultant comes in to provide facilitation services, we’ll use our outside perspective to manage discussions and rely on our past experience to help your Board, committee or department get to a decision or plan by:
- Drawing out goals, barriers, priorities and other strategic input from a planning group
- Guiding Boards and senior staff to make tough choices and plan next steps
- Facilitating planning and visioning of possible and desirable futures
- Conducting consensus-building workshops
The team at MAS is knowledgeable and experienced – we’ve been there and done that, and we can put that expertise to work for you. Contact us today and together, we can create a platform for productive and effective meetings and implementation of solutions.
clearly articulate your impact
Outcomes-based Program Evaluation
Your stakeholders want to know what impact you achieve through your programs and services. You need to be able to clearly articulate your impact. OBPE is a methodology that assists you to clearly identify the client/community outcomes your programs and services are designed to achieve. It also helps you identify appropriate ways to assess to what extent you achieve these outcomes. This methodology can be used when designing a new program or to effectively measure an existing program. It is a powerful way to communicate the importance of what you do.
A MAS Volunteer Consultant can guide you on creating logic models that assist you in tracking and measuring:
- the purpose and objectives of your programs
- the resources used
- the activities undertaken
- the outputs produced by these activities
- and ultimately the intended outcomes for its participants
The team at MAS is knowledgeable and experienced and can show you how to set up OBPE processes for measuring and reporting on outcomes of your programs and services. Contact us today.
Ready to start on Strategic Planning or Facilitation?
If you are generally clear what help you would like from MAS you can fill out the Request for Assistance form. You will have the opportunity to talk with a volunteer consultant prior to finalizing the details of the project.
Some of our satisfied clients
Executive Director, Harmony Hall
Co-Chair, ArtHeart Community Art Centre
COO at WoodGreen