Putting people in places to succeed
Human Resources & Organizational Issues
Managing human resources, staff and volunteers, in a challenging environment is critical to your success. Identifying, hiring, training and retaining the people you need to achieve your goals can be a daunting task. To make your job easier, you need good hiring processes, effective performance management systems, and clearly identified skills for now and in the future. Then, you need to attract the right people.
Our human resource experts can help you develop the systems and processes you need to effectively attract and manage the people who work for you. A MAS Volunteer Consultant can help you with:
- HR policies, practices and administrative systems/processes
- Leadership development and coaching programs
- Succession planning processes and strategies
- Performance management (employee appraisal and career development programs)
- Compensation, benefit and reward programs and strategies
- On-line employee surveys (360-degree, engagement and organizational effectiveness surveys)
- Communications and morale strategies (board, management and staff relations)
- Effective recruiting and interviewing strategies
- Organization planning, development and change readiness strategies
- Volunteer Management *
* Our Volunteer Management offering can assess the status of current volunteer programs, identify and offer processes to support recruitment, policy gaps, orientation and training and coaching. In alignment with HR practices, processes for developing volunteer role descriptions, record keeping, issues and recognition can also be addressed.
When your organization relies on dedicated staff and volunteers to execute a multitude of tasks that sustain your organization and meet the needs of your clients, you want to create a positive environment that both attracts and retains the best. Contact MAS today and let us help you build a workplace that is rewarding, productive and successful.
Guide you in the right direction to achieve success
Coaching can help us get better at what we do by improving on natural strengths and abilities, increasing personal awareness and focusing attention on areas that will achieve results.
MAS can provide a seasoned coach who can assist in a range of ways from simply act as a sounding board to designing and conducting a results-oriented development process for more in-depth situations. For example, our coaches will help senior and mid-level managers with:
- Moving into a new role
- Adopting new management styles and improving skills
- Improving interpersonal relationships and productivity
- Handling crisis management situations
- Creating greater work-life balance
Coaching by a MAS Volunteer Consultant can help improve leadership skills and put managers in a position where they are better able to influence staff and volunteers to achieve organizational goals. Contact MAS to develop a one-on-one approach tailored to the specific needs of the individual and unique demands of your workplace.
Ready to start on Human Resources or Coaching?
If you are generally clear what help you would like from MAS you can fill out the Request for Assistance form. You will have the opportunity to talk with a volunteer consultant prior to finalizing the details of the project.
Some of our satisfied clients
Executive Director, Harmony Hall
Co-Chair, ArtHeart Community Art Centre
COO at WoodGreen